PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] netstat problem

suxxor
June 8th, 2008, 12:07 AM
i can`t get the whole output from command "netstat -p"
this is all what shows me in terminal :

this is all what shows me in terminal :

this is the whole content in terminal after execute of the command

and the initial connections which shows me for small interval of time disappeared

jetsam
June 8th, 2008, 01:34 AM
If all you want to see is internet connections,

sudo netstat -utap
..will show just listening and established tcp and udp (i.e. internet) connections and not the internal Unix sockets.

Also, if you're using the gnome terminal, you can increase the amount of info that the scroll back buffer holds by opening a terminal and increasing the value in edit menu-->profiles-->default profile-->edit button-->scrolling tab-->scrollback. Setting it to 1000 or so should be enough to hold the entire netstat -p process list.

There's a gagillion ways (well, more than two, anyway) to deal with long output.

netstat -p > my-netstat-list.txt
Will send the output to a file called my-netstat-list.txt in the current working directory. Then you can open it in a text editor to view it. Careful with the > redirector though: it will overwrite the file my-netstat-list.txt without so much as a beep to warn you that's what it's doing.

suxxor
June 8th, 2008, 09:46 AM
10x a lot for help

suxxor
June 8th, 2008, 10:19 AM
could you tell me some tool for getting MAC addresses from IP ,except the arp

jetsam
June 8th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Nmap can do it if the machine is on the local LAN segment.

sudo nmap -n -sP <ip address>

Each router hop strips and replaces the mac address on a packet, so there's no way to find a remote system's mac address.