PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't Install Ubuntu within Vista?

DarKNeSsKun
June 7th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Well two days ago, my vista just screwed up big, and wiped half my hd's content. So i decided to go with ubuntu since they had emulators for playing the games. I did a fresh install, and it worked flawlessly, but some games such as maple story just wont work on it, and its a real pain in the *** to install any software, next ot impossible unless they within the file manager. And dont give me the whole speech its alot easier it isn't. Compared to exe you just accept and click install unlike linux you gotta type and open terminal and type commands jsut ot run it. Okay nowi m just off topic,

What i want to know is that how do i install UBuntu onto Vista x64 using the wubi, I've been trying for the past 5 hours but every time its almost done, it gives me this error message "Could not acces CD, please make sure other applications are not using it and try again" I've already clicked retry over 30 times, and it keeps coming. This happens when its creating image. And no nothing in the background is running as i just installed vista x64 less then 1hour before i tried to install ubuntu.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

If this is already posted, im really sorry, but ive done google, yahoo, and forum search but can't to seem to find anything relating to this for the past 2 hours of surfing.

avtolle
June 8th, 2008, 12:13 AM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=764686 Does this give you any assistance?