PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mount FTP folders

Mr K
June 7th, 2008, 06:07 PM
Hi!
I have decided to open a new because in a month of googoling i haven't found an answer to my problem! I have Nas disk connected on my home network, and i want to access it and mount it has a folder in my home directory. The problem is that i cannot manage permission or modify files once they are on the nas. Using filezilla or gftp i don't find these problems but using curlftps to mount the disk has a directory i encounter problems on managing the folders/files permissions.
The command i use (mainly) is

curlftpfs -o umask=0777,uid=1000,gid=1000 ftp://admin:pass@192.168.0.101 /home/roby/Share/

I have tried modifying it a bit but the problem doesn't go away. :(
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Mr K
June 8th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Somebody? Pleeeeeeeease!

rshel
June 17th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Have you tried samba and cifs? I have a simpleshare NAS which is also a print server. My problem was that I had not configured the NAS to require a userID and password. In addition to being security foolish, this turned out to be the stumbling block to getting my NAS to mount automatically with the correct permissions. So, I configured it to require an ID and password. Then I changed my fstab to look like this (with a similar line for each folder or share on the NAS): what my fstab looks like:

//simpleshare/sharename1 /mnt/Folder1 cifs credentials=/home/userfolder/.passwordfilename,uid=username,gid=username 0 0

//simpleshare/sharename2 /mnt/Folder2 cifs credentials=/home/userfolder/.passwordfilename,uid=username,gid=username 0 0

Hope this helps you.

curlftpfs is not necessary for a NAS, as far as I know. And I've never gotten it to auto-mount an ftp site.

Mr K
July 20th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks it helped :)