PDA

View Full Version : partition as a live session user

blonde-wanna-be
June 7th, 2008, 10:48 AM
i tried to and did install ubuntu 8.4 and was useing that quite happily but then i got trancking cookies in xp and i clened them up 5 mins later there back anyway cut a long story short i shut down and boot with the ubuntu cd in the drive with the intention of installing the os (the user name fits i think here) over the xp thing hopeing to wipe it from the face of the earth like the virus it is corporate greed grrrr erm :confused: i just want my pc back its not letting me install it as i cant partition it.... about my machine im useing a
infinity pentium 4 3.0ghz personal (and very frustraighting) computer
512mb ram
120gb hdd
128mb ati graphics card
8x dvd +/- rw drive

no dvds no cds to burn and cant get any too skint..... help me please xxx ill hug you
:lolflag:

blonde-wanna-be
June 7th, 2008, 10:50 AM
forgot to say talk to me via im if you want ask ill give...

Separ
June 7th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I don't quite get what you are trying to do or even what you did in the first place.

Did you install it via the Wubi installer (inside windows as a regular program) or install it to your hard drive as a proper OS? or is it having problems installing?

blonde-wanna-be
June 7th, 2008, 11:10 AM
ok well i installed it as a seperate os it restarted after the install and was like xp or ubuntu in the black dos screen.... had to select

blonde-wanna-be
June 7th, 2008, 11:45 AM
im asking how do i install