PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update Manager problem after updating to Ubuntu 8.04

fdubru
June 6th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Hello,

I have been having problem with Ubuntu Updates since I have upgraded to Ubuntu 8.04. The Update Manager doesn't find any updates anymore and show this message:

"Your system is up to date
It is unknown when the package information was updated last. Please try clicking on the 'Check' button to update the information"

I have tried to update the info many times without success.

I would not like to proceed with the re-installtion from srcatch, any help most welcome.

Thanks a lot for your time,
Fred

ricemanwm
June 6th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I have exactly the same problem and I'm very interested if anyone has a solution. I installed Hardy 3 months ago and have not received any updates. I've tried Synaptic Package Manager / Mark All Upgrades too. No updates. I'm not interested in rebuilding the disk from scratch. Mark

ricemanwm
June 7th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Fred,
I figured out our problem, or at least mine. I just installed over 200 updates. Go to System / Administration / Synaptic Package Manager / settings / repositories / updates

I checked all four boxes for ubuntu updates.

I then did a update and lots of updates came in.

iaculallad
June 7th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Try using your terminal:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

Bubba64
June 7th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Fred,
I figured out our problem, or at least mine. I just installed over 200 updates. Go to System / Administration / Synaptic Package Manager / settings / repositories / updates

I checked all four boxes for ubuntu updates.

I then did a update and lots of updates came in.

Also installing medibuntu is a good idea.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

fdubru
June 7th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I am afraid that none of the solution listed above works :-(

Fred

cainmark
June 10th, 2008, 01:13 AM
I am afraid that none of the solution listed above works :-(

Fred

Same problem, no matter even if I use the US main server, any close to me, or the main repository--I keep getting "It's been No. days since your last update", even if I just went through all the update steps, synaptic or terminal. Worked fine till 19 days ago. Don't know what was different. The listings say, "malformed index file?" as it speeds by.

UPDATE: I cleaned up my /etc/sources.lst and that helped. Some. Still saying my last package update was 20 days ago, when I just updated it now.