PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation CD including updates

frankos44
June 6th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Hi

It would be very nice to create a Hardy installation CD that includes all the updates at any given time to speed up the installation process. Can this be done?

avtolle
June 6th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Don't know for sure, but there may be "daily builds" of 8.04 still occurring (given the .1 upgrade which is forthcoming shortly) that could be downloaded which would contain updates. You might want to take a look around and see if this is so and meets your request.

frankos44
June 7th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Don't know for sure, but there may be "daily builds" of 8.04 still occurring (given the .1 upgrade which is forthcoming shortly) that could be downloaded which would contain updates. You might want to take a look around and see if this is so and meets your request.

Am I correct in thinking that the standard download from the Ubuntu home page gets periodically updated, if so how do you know when this happens because the ISO file name does not reflect this ?

avtolle
June 7th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Am I correct in thinking that the standard download from the Ubuntu home page gets periodically updated, if so how do you know when this happens because the ISO file name does not reflect this ?
You are not correct in your thinking, thus the suggestion to look for the daily builds.

frankos44
June 8th, 2008, 09:22 AM
You are not correct in your thinking, thus the suggestion to look for the daily builds.

Ok I found this link http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/gobuntu/daily/current/ so I assume "daily build" doesn't literally mean "daily build" but a better term is probable "Most recent build"? i say this because the files are dated 21st April 2008 at the moment.