PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] All movies have blue people in them

MachineHead
June 6th, 2008, 05:35 PM
Okay, for starters, I'm not on drugs :)

I installed the updates that the system announced to me today and after that the weirdest thing occured.
When I watch a movie, any movie (I tried a few) all people in the movie are blueish.
SERIOUSLY!

It's like an old tv with bad colors.
Like a blue layer wich makes the skin of the people in the movie turn out blue.
I've seen it in Blues Brothers, Jurassic Park and many more I tried.
I have tried removing any codecs I was using, including the video software and replacing those with VLC media player.
No succes untill now.
I have to mention, objects like stairs, doors, furniture and all other surroundings stay the color they're supposed to be.

Can it be driver related to my Nvidia Geforce 8600's?

Help :( ?

MachineHead

Nevermind. I rebooted once, that had no effect, still blue. Then I rebooted again, just now. My characters are back to normal again, no sweat.

h0ser81
June 12th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I have the same issue. I had to ajust my video color/contrast to get it to look somewhat normal. The defaults all of a sudden are totally off.

iaculallad
June 12th, 2008, 05:48 AM
If you're using Totem Movie Player, you could try changing the colors by clicking on "Edit" menu -> select "Preferences" -> and click on the "Display" tab. Try adjusting the "Color Balance" to fit your viewing color needs.

MachineHead
June 18th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks for taking interest guys, but after two reboots everything seemed normal again.
I think it had something to do with an update for restricted graphics drivers.

Thanks,

MachineHead

mithunc
May 24th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Sorry to resurrect this, but I experienced the same problem today and yesterday. This is both on a machine running Precise and one with Lucid. The solution for Totem, in Lucid anyway (Totem version 2.30.2), is as follows.

Edit -> Preferences
Color Balance -> Reset to Defaults

Somewhere at some point it decided to change the "Hue" value to its lowest possible value. Problem solved.

nothingspecial
May 24th, 2012, 07:20 PM
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7058/necrov.png