PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How do I get Tomboy to stop starting up every time I log in?

Schalken
June 6th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Now how do I remove this infernal thing from my startup?

No, it's not under System > Preferences > Sessions > Startup Programs.

Yes, it is under System > Preferences > Sessions > Current Session (just like every other open program) but has the "Reset" style. But every time I remove it, or set it to "Trash", or set it to "Normal", and click apply, it starts up on login and it's there in the list again set to restart!

No, I don't have "Automatically remember currently running applications when I log out" checked under System > Preferences > Sessions > Session Options.

No, Tomboy doesn't have any options in its preferences dialog with regards to automatic startup.

No, I'm not uninstalling it. I love this app and have many notes in it.

There has to be SOME way of figuring out what is starting this thing!

flowevd
June 6th, 2008, 05:13 PM
i have this problem too

mannheim
June 6th, 2008, 07:29 PM
This may be nothing to do with Tomboy per se. There is a bug with the session-saving stuff that means that, if you ever just once turn on auto_save_session, then you are doomed to have the same apps get launched at login, even after you have turned off the auto_save_session option. The bug is described here (https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-session/+bug/34321).

pt123
June 6th, 2008, 10:07 PM
You are not using the Tomboy panel applet?

Schalken
June 7th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Aha! AHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

I woke up this morning and asked myself "What could possibly depend on Tomboy running?"

Deskbar!

The plugin for Deskbar that lets you search your Tomboy notes needs Tomboy running (because it searches your notes via D-Bus), and starts it if it's not.

So disable the plugin and everything is rosy again. :popcorn:

brazilla ray
June 13th, 2008, 09:26 PM
This may be nothing to do with Tomboy per se. There is a bug with the session-saving stuff that means that, if you ever just once turn on auto_save_session, then you are doomed to have the same apps get launched at login, even after you have turned off the auto_save_session option. The bug is described here (https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-session/+bug/34321).

The fix in the bug report on launchpad worked for me- delete ~/.gnome2/session.