PDA

View Full Version : So I'm In Love!

Ponomous
June 6th, 2008, 04:27 PM
BFG Tech rocks my world... I just had to rma my 7900 gt oc due to some dead pixels and general wear. They got it yesterday morning and by 3 pm had shipped it back. So i called and was like hey, there is no way that you could have fixed it that fast, was there something i did that voided the warranty? They said no, we have upgraded you to an 8800 GTS and it should be there monday. I was just like WHAT? Sweet!

Point of this story, BFG has been the best rma experience i have ever had and i highly recommend this company to everyone else.

omegamike3
June 6th, 2008, 04:32 PM
That is flippin' SWEET!!

Ponomous
June 6th, 2008, 04:47 PM
The only bad thing about the rma was that i was unable to use Ubuntu for like a week. Other than that it rocked.

alwiap
June 6th, 2008, 05:04 PM
The only bad thing about the rma was that i was unable to use Ubuntu for like a week. Other than that it rocked.

can you post a link to exactly what you bought? i've been looking at upgrading my video card, thanks!

KingTermite
June 6th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Nice deal!

Ponomous
July 29th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I didnt buy anything. i started with a 7900 gt oc from like 4 years ago and then bfg upgraded me to this

BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS EE OC 640MB PCIe

http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgr88640gtseeoce.aspx

aaaantoine
July 29th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Hmm. My theory: they may have stopped production of the 7900 GT, so rather than downgrade you, they were nice and upgraded you.

My last discrete video card was a 7900 GS. I've noticed that basically every performance DX10 video card is like a furnace, and I'm reluctant to build a computer that doubles as a heater for a small room.