PDA

View Full Version : Where have you stuck your Ubuntu sticker?

mdbarton
June 6th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I love the fact that Canonical send out free Ubuntu CDs, they look very professional, they say "You are encouraged and legally entitled to copy, reinstall, modify and redistribute this CD..." on the back, and they're great to give out to people to introduce them to Ubuntu. They also give you Ubuntu Stickers.

I gave a colleague of mine the CD (I don't think he's installed it yet) and a set of stickers. He's used one to hold the bumper on his car together. See attached image!

What ingenius uses have you put your Ubuntu stickers too?

Moustacha
June 6th, 2008, 08:21 AM
:lolflag:

I've just stuck one on my case, was thinking of chucking one on my car somewhere

bufsabre666
June 6th, 2008, 08:23 AM
i put them in random places around town (one of them is on the sign infront of best buy))

Bachstelze
June 6th, 2008, 09:16 AM
I think I have one on the door of my room, in the middle of all the other various stuff I have there, and that's that. I don't like those stickers very much, they're of really poor quality. I have some nice aluminium ones on the cases all my Ubuntu-powered computers, though ;)

lisati
June 6th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I have one on the lid of my laptop, positioned so that it is visible when open

Kingsley
June 6th, 2008, 10:06 AM
You may be risking the security of your car in the midst of Microsoft/Apple fanboys.

Moustacha
June 6th, 2008, 10:11 AM
You may be risking the security of your car in the midst of Microsoft/Apple fanboys.

The Microsoft fanboys would have to hold the door handle, the radio aerial and kick the tyre to be able to get in your car to nick it

Kernel Sanders
June 6th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I have some nice aluminium ones on the cases all my Ubuntu-powered computers, though ;)

Where did you get those? :shock:

talktoari
June 6th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I have it stuck on my Lappy beside the mouse pad. Agree that they are of poor quality but spreading the word of such a beautiful OS rules it out.

Maybe someday all Ubuntu users can stuck it up on the forehead and then roam around wherever they want :lolflag:

We can call it "A day to spread Ubuntu":)

grim4593
June 6th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I got some Ubuntu stickers from System76 when they were giving them out for free. Also got a cool mouse pad off ebay the other day :D

beercz
June 6th, 2008, 11:50 AM
The Microsoft fanboys would have to hold the door handle, the radio aerial and kick the tyre to be able to get in your car to nick it
Then they would "crash" it :-)

markp1989
June 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
i brought 2 pack of them a while back .

on both monitors
on keyboard
on desk
on computer
on amplifier
on speaker
on back of mobile
on lid of eee pc