PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu on everthing! BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Lord Xeb
June 6th, 2008, 06:30 AM
<_< >_> IT is so awesome I think I might just put it on my next desktop and laptop!

Silpheed2K
June 6th, 2008, 06:32 AM
I thought you meant I.T. was awesome... because I.T. and GNU and FOSS in general are much more AWESOME.

talktoari
June 6th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Seriously UBUNTU is awesome!! You have the OS installed and you have all basics of everything.

Install Windows and then the whole pain of installing other apps is a pain... but look at UBUNTU.. How smart?

May be this OS can teach a lesson and reveal the power of Open Source.

Ubuntu ROCKS!! :guitar:

Lord Xeb
June 6th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Nope, I meant It as in Ubuntu

beercz
June 6th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Someone is a happy bunny then :-)

3rdalbum
June 6th, 2008, 02:13 PM
For some reason I thought you were talking about putting the stickers on everything. I was going to ask for a photo :-)

ilrudie
June 6th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I'm gunna second putting Ubuntu on everything. Got a great deal on a new computer that came with Vista. Thought to myself hey... lets just see what everyone is talking about. 3 reboots and about 2 minutes of uptime in Vista later I scrapped it and installed Hardy x64. Never looked back!

also... " The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux."
Classic. Instant classic. You should put that on a shirt or something.

Fedz
June 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I 2nd the above ;-)

I did the same with my lappy.

It took a decade to bootup with a several applications on bootup and all these weired apps ... I spent 2 days attempting to stabalize and streamline the system before giving up and putting Ubuntu on it like my desktop.

Window$ is sure one wild horse of an OS ;-)

zeronothing
June 6th, 2008, 03:15 PM
well take a look at the market now with all of these new so called "netbooks" and having the option of linux or windows. I think this is a great market for ubuntu to jump into considering they developed ubuntu netbook remix OS. I plan on purchasing a netbook soon because of the portability. With ubuntu making an OS specially for the netbooks this can only mean great things.