PDA

View Full Version : To all newbies - forum tips

Lord Xeb
June 6th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Here are a few tips to get more help:

* Do not panic
* Make the title a rough description of your problem
* Do NOT make it seem like your situation is so dire that it will end your life
* Give us time. If no one posts, it simply means we do not know so give some time for someone to post.
* Remeber KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). Do not make you posts overly complicated. Give us as much info as you can while making it easy on yourself.

Thanks!

drs305
June 6th, 2008, 03:33 AM
And please mark your thread SOLVED if you have resolved your problem. You do this by clicking on "Thread Tools" at the top right of your original post and then selecting "Mark this thread as solved". Marking it solved allows those looking to help concentrate on unresolved issues.

Thank you.

Sef
June 6th, 2008, 03:37 AM

An exact description is better.

Remeber KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).

Better is 'Keep It Short and Simple'.

Hobo Joe
June 6th, 2008, 03:39 AM
And be nice. ;)

Bubba64
June 6th, 2008, 04:29 AM
And please mark your thread SOLVED if you have resolved your problem. You do this by clicking on "Thread Tools" at the top right of your original post and then selecting "Mark this thread as solved". Marking it solved allows those looking to help concentrate on unresolved issues.

Thank you.

YES and don't post threads to feed your own EGO but ones that help the community overall. Remember whatever is brilliant in your own mind has probably been posted numerous times before.

lisati
June 6th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Correct spelling is nice, but we can cut you some slack if we know what you mean
Try not to SHOUT by typing in UPPER CASE - we're not deaf.

Metaleks
June 6th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Actually, I think some people wouldn't mind crawling the forum and looking at threads, and then deciding whether or not to mark them solved. Maybe we can get a few mini mods to do this?

Lord Xeb
June 6th, 2008, 06:15 AM
I would do it if my attention span wasn't so short....

thedevnull
June 6th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Here are a few tips to get more help:

* Do not panic
* Do NOT make it seem like your situation is so dire that it will end your life
* Give us time. If no one posts, it simply means we do not know so give some time for someone to post.
* Remeber KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid). Do not make you posts overly complicated. Give us as much info as you can while making it easy on yourself.

Thanks!

Hello Lord,

You made me laugh with the statement, "Do NOT make it seem like your situation is so dire that it will end your life."

I would add, try not being such a rude bipedial primate....

:lolflag:

Lord Xeb
June 6th, 2008, 06:29 AM
e_e that is too geek-ish. I wanted something that would catch someones attention >_>

ZabiGG
June 6th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Actually, I think some people wouldn't mind crawling the forum and looking at threads, and then deciding whether or not to mark them solved. Maybe we can get a few mini mods to do this?

I agree... I asked, but they were too scared of me to give me that much power... lol

Z.