PDA

View Full Version : For the guitarists or those who like that kind of stuff

matthew
October 25th, 2005, 10:09 PM
I've enjoyed the metalhead thread, even though I haven't participated. It got me thinking. I found some old backups of some web pages I had made several years ago and thought some of you might enjoy them...if for no other reason than to see just how big of a geek I really am. Anyway, if you like guitars and amplifiers and want to see really dated web pages with pictures and geeky info point your browers here:

http://www.geocities.com/ubuntumatthew/

Comments are welcome as are links to your stuff. If the outcry is great enough I may actually make a small, new page with some pictures newer than 2001.

raublekick
October 25th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Nice! I wish I had more time and money to invest in my guitars. I have a G&L ASAT Tribute, Steinberger GP-2R, and some Bently strat copy. My amp is a Peavy Studio Chorus 70, but it really isn't mine, I've just been borrowing it for 7 years now.

I was thinking about buying 20 or 30 watt tube amp at the end of the summer, but I'm sure glad I didn't, I just don't have time to play much right now, unfortunately.

Are you still out in AZ? I know quite a few people in Phoenix (mostly bands), I was out there over Thanksgiving weekend last year.

majikstreet
October 25th, 2005, 10:22 PM
I wish I knew how to play guitar.

matthew
October 25th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Nice! I wish I had more time and money to invest in my guitars. I have a G&L ASAT Tribute, Steinberger GP-2R, and some Bently strat copy. My amp is a Peavy Studio Chorus 70, but it really isn't mine, I've just been borrowing it for 7 years now.

I was thinking about buying 20 or 30 watt tube amp at the end of the summer, but I'm sure glad I didn't, I just don't have time to play much right now, unfortunately.

Are you still out in AZ? I know quite a few people in Phoenix (mostly bands), I was out there over Thanksgiving weekend last year.
Sounds like you have pretty good stuff--I really like the G&L guitars.

I'm currently in the NW Phoenix area until March, when I plan to move back to Africa for a while for my book project. For anyone who cares, my big amp (the now heavily modified beyond what the web page says Allen kit) is waiting for me in Morocco. I have the National here with me at the moment.

Side note for anyone trying to access the site and having problems...it's hosted on Geocities (free) and I have an hourly bandwidth limit. Sorry if you get shut out. Please try again. :)

xequence
October 25th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I wish I knew how to play guitar.

Same :)

raublekick
October 25th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Sounds like you have pretty good stuff--I really like the G&L guitars.

My G&L is no doubt my favorite, and it's also my newest. I hope to someday buy a real Legacy or ASAT and not a Tribute version. The only thing I can really complain about though is that the tuners don't stay in tune perfectly, but it's good enough. As far as cosmetics I think it's beautiful. It's a tobacco burst, but it has one of those nasty dark brown tortoise pick guards. I just can't think of anything that would look better...

My Steinberger is decent, it's one of the low end ($350-400) models. It's got the stock EMG HZ pickups, and those are just really generic pickups. Playing it is fun, but it's really akward because the weight balance is so different. The neck is pretty thick too.

I'd really like to get a strat style guitar (either a real Fender or a G&L Legacy), but I really need a new amp too. O' money, where art thou?

Rotarychainsaw
October 25th, 2005, 11:21 PM
That amp is sweet. I so want to build my own.

23meg
October 25th, 2005, 11:30 PM
matthew, I'll take this chance to say that for some reason I totally adore your avatar.

matthew
October 26th, 2005, 12:04 AM
matthew, I'll take this chance to say that for some reason I totally adore your avatar.
Thanks!

matthew
October 26th, 2005, 04:26 AM
That amp is sweet. I so want to build my own.
Thank you. I had a blast doing it.

Mr. Electric Wizard
October 26th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Dude, where's the Super Fuzz, or the Big Muff??? :cool:

Cool pix, thanks for sharing.

matthew
October 26th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Dude, where's the Super Fuzz, or the Big Muff??? :cool:

lol. I still need a good fuzz...gotta do some pawn shopping.