PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] wiimote as mouse

daberger
June 5th, 2008, 11:46 PM
hey ppl. i recently got this new laptop that has a bluetooth connection and i would like to connect it to the laptop as a mouse. is there any software out ther all ready that will allow me to do this or am i going to have to write my own?

and btw this is all hypothetical becuz right now its lended out to my brother and i dont ubuntu on it yet.

wednesday allfather
June 6th, 2008, 12:30 AM
There sure is.

Search for cWiid in google and you will find a tons of links to how-to for this. I did it awhile ago, and it is pretty cool. I have it controlling my media server. You should also check into an on-screen keyboard, so you can just use the wiimote to control everything.

Fair warning, I initially got the right-click working as "B" on the 'mote, but something I have done has caused it to become BTN_MIDDLE on my mouse.

You will also need some candles or lights or that NYCO wireless sensor bar if you want to "point and click." Otherwise you will have to roll the 'mote left and right and tilt up and down to move the mouse.

daberger
June 6th, 2008, 03:54 AM
yes thank you. im familiar with wiimote hardware (ie infrared tracking camera) i just needed software ty