PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] It's sad, but I want Ubuntu 7 again!

JustLikeFred
June 5th, 2008, 11:04 PM
In December last year I migrated to Ubuntu. It took one month to make my Wifi work. A month ago I upgraded (or rather degraded) to version 8 - and many things, including my Wifi didn't work anymore - but I soon made it work.
Today I upgraded to the latest packages - and again my Wifi doesn't work! This is so silly; the more I upgrade the worse my system works! :(

All I want to do now is get back to version 7 - it worked perfectly!

How do I do this? And can it really be right that this is the solution!?

Best regards,
Stefan Hansen
- a very disappointed Ubuntu user

Ric0h
June 5th, 2008, 11:53 PM
In December last year I migrated to Ubuntu. It took one month to make my Wifi work. A month ago I upgraded (or rather degraded) to version 8 - and many things, including my Wifi didn't work anymore - but I soon made it work.
Today I upgraded to the latest packages - and again my Wifi doesn't work! This is so silly; the more I upgrade the worse my system works! :(

All I want to do now is get back to version 7 - it worked perfectly!

How do I do this? And can it really be right that this is the solution!?

Best regards,
Stefan Hansen
- a very disappointed Ubuntu user

+1

I am in the same situation, if found out how, please pm me and tell me how.

wpshooter
June 6th, 2008, 12:23 AM
This is how I do it.

I always keep one machine to "TEST" the latest & greatest Ubuntu release/version on and I do not upgrade any of my other machines unless and until I feel that the new release is worthy. So far, I have not found this to be true of Hardy. And being this far past the official release date, I am having my doubts that it is every going to be worthy. Thus I am thinking strongly about just waiting to see if the next effort is any better. I doubt that I am the only one taking this position.

Good luck in whatever you decide.