PDA

View Full Version : So far, how many of you have taken ARhere's suggestion?

Lord Xeb
June 5th, 2008, 10:57 PM
It is time for all Ubuntu enthusiasts to change the Linux desktop market from 0.6% to 2% in 2 hours of your spare time. I am challenging everyone to create a single 25 pack of Ubuntu 8.04 LIVE CD's and give them to a local computer store to be passed out.

Before you hit your browsers BACK button, this can really work. Just read on a little more.

1. Buy a small pack of printable CD's and a small pack of Vinyl CD sleeves. It will cost you only $10 to $15 and any super store near you will have some. (Walmart, Target, Sams, whatever...)
2. Burn the CD's with the Ubuntu 8.04LTS 32-bit LIVE ISO.
3. Print a good Ubuntu label using your home ink-jet. If your printer is older and does not have a CD adapter, then buy some adhesive CD labels. This is the Official CD art (scroll to middle, it will say 8.04 LTS artwork). Personally, I thought it was a little dry so I made my own. I will post it here tonight for everyone to use.
4. Find a local computer store and ask if you can leave the CD's at the desk for their customers.
ALT. You could just buy a pack of 20 from the Canonical store. It is $20, but will also help support Ubuntu and save you time.

By far, I think this is a great idea and it should be spread to the other linux distros. This will give people more variety to try out. Great going ARhere.

cardinals_fan
June 6th, 2008, 02:25 AM
I haven't, and I don't plan to. I let people use whatever they want and don't harass them about it.

KiwiNZ
June 6th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I agree with the idea but dont see the need for a second thread