PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Where does Thunderbird saves attachments ?

Dutch
June 5th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Hi,

Using Thunderbird (Versie 1.5.0.7) and made a folder where to save the attachtments.
But there are some attachtments and not all.

When Thunderbird does recieve an attachment, and I don't save it in a particular folder, whre is the attachment ?
Even when I start a searh option with an "attachment name", Ubuntu can't find it.

But when I save the attachtment to an choosen folder, then the attachment can be found !

stchman
June 5th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Hi,

Using Thunderbird (Versie 1.5.0.7) and made a folder where to save the attachtments.
But there are some attachtments and not all.

When Thunderbird does recieve an attachment, and I don't save it in a particular folder, whre is the attachment ?
Even when I start a searh option with an "attachment name", Ubuntu can't find it.

But when I save the attachtment to an choosen folder, then the attachment can be found !

In that version if memory serves me correctly the ~./mozilla/thunderbird folder is where all mail is saved.

When you click on an attachment you can select Save As and select where it can be stored.

I also recommend upgrading to the 2.0.0.14 Thunderbird. I have a script that will do that for you.

http://www.stchman.com/tools_page.html

In the Scripts section.

Dutch
June 5th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Mmmm oke, it saves it just with the mails. Thanks.
Mmmmm 1.8 Gb that says it all !(inbox)
After the upgrade is that changed ?

Does T saves the attachtments then in a seperate folder ?

Thanks.