PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] mplayer

ralinux
June 5th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Hi all

I have tried to view the Springwatch web cams at http://www.bbc.co.uk/springwatch/

As an alternative to RealPlayer (which BBC use), I am trying to watch them using the mplayer plug-in (which was recommended on a forum somewhere).

When I click on the link, it attempts to play the cams but, although I do get sound, I can't get any video. Can anyone else get this to work, if so, what do I need to do??

Thanks,

Roger.

fsmithred
June 6th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Well, the video on the main page shows me video, but I get no sound. And I also get this message:

"Sorry, but these videos are not available outside of the UK"

And I am outside the UK. When I click on the link for the live webcams, a popup asks me if I want win media or real. I selected the win, clicked OK and it worked - both audio and video. I had to blow it up to full screen to see the blades of grass moving.

Uh, this is with Iceweasel on Debian Etch. Don't have time to reboot into Hardy right now.

fsmithred
June 7th, 2008, 03:35 PM
It won't work for me in Hardy. I tried with FF 3.0b5 and FF-2. The mplayer plugin just shows that it's alternating between connecting and buffering, but no picture or sound ever come up.

Everything works fine on youtube and other sites with videos.