PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Eclipse updates don't work because of missing plugin

peterdm
June 5th, 2008, 08:02 PM
When installing Eclipse from the repo, the Eclipse Java Development Tools 2.2.2.r322 is disabled because of Plug-in "org.eclipse.jdt.junit4.runtime" version "0.0.0" referenced by this feature is missing.. Checking out forum history, this appears to be a known problem since Gutsy or even before, and it is still not fixed in Hardy. The consequence is that the dependent plugins, i.e. Eclipse Project SDK 3.2.2.r322 and all the updates are also disabled. This is very inconvenient for all developers out there. Sure, I can get probably get it to work if I avoid using the Ubuntu packaging system, and manually download and install Eclipse. Surely that is not the Ubuntu spirit, so here is my cry to the Ubuntu package maintainers: please please please fix the Eclipse package!

babuu
August 28th, 2008, 07:05 PM
When installing Eclipse from the repo, the Eclipse Java Development Tools 2.2.2.r322 is disabled because of Plug-in "org.eclipse.jdt.junit4.runtime" version "0.0.0" referenced by this feature is missing.. Checking out forum history, this appears to be a known problem since Gutsy or even before, and it is still not fixed in Hardy. The consequence is that the dependent plugins, i.e. Eclipse Project SDK 3.2.2.r322 and all the updates are also disabled. This is very inconvenient for all developers out there. Sure, I can get probably get it to work if I avoid using the Ubuntu packaging system, and manually download and install Eclipse. Surely that is not the Ubuntu spirit, so here is my cry to the Ubuntu package maintainers: please please please fix the Eclipse package!

Yes I just installed Eclipse with JDT and configured with the Android SDK, but I am stuck on this. Same problem. So if someone knows how to fix this, please let me know, I want to start writing applications for Android. I run Hardy.