PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Evolution 2.22.1.1 doesn't display exchange meeting invites anymore

patis
June 5th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Hello,

Previous to the latest round of hardy updates evolution was happy dealing with meeting invites coming from our exchange server in the office. They usually showed up with a form where I would just click a button to accept/deny the invitation.

But I have that no more. Meeting invites are shown now in plain text with a URL link at the bottom that doesn't work for me. Something like this:

When: Thursday, June 05, 2008 3:30 PM-4:00 PM (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada).
Where: Main office, Bridge: 325-5333, passcode 726# External 697-754-7562

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Microsoft Outlook Web Access: http://ZCAXM0/Exchange/PATIS/Inbox/Finalize%20slide%2016%20-%20atics.EML?cmd=open

How can I get the old behavior restored (without having to downgrade evolution)? Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks.

grahams
June 10th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I reported this as a bug in evolution a few weeks ago. Surprising that 8.04 LTS (Long term support?) pick this up without a critical fix.

Anyone heard of QA?

The fix is to go back to the previous evolution release.

cro
June 10th, 2008, 10:32 AM
The fix is to go back to the previous evolution release.

Downgrading was a major headache, and for those who are having problems, try this:

REMOVE evolution first, all bar the required 'evolution-data-server-common'. You may have to remove some other packages because of required (but not actually required) dependencies.

Then DOWNGRADE evolution-data-server-common to 2.22.1-0ubuntu2

Once this has been done, Force Version 2.22.1 for evolution, evolution-common, evolution-data-server and evolution-exchange.

This will restore the ability for Evolution to properly deal with "urn:content-classes:calendarmessage" type messages, and properly display the Accept, Tentative, Decline and Open Calendar buttons.

Until this issue is resolved, Evolution cannot be used as a Microsoft Exchange or Microsoft Outlook replacement in any organisation that relies on Exchange for calendaring.

One last thing, because this process forces an earlier version than the currently-available (Hardy Updates), these packages will persistently be marked for upgrade, so make sure to disable automatic upgrades until this bug is fixed - just make sure to untick all these components whenever you run upgrade manager.

Spyplane
June 11th, 2008, 05:26 PM
This is so frustrating, and one of my complaints of all the recent updates. How are we losing features by doing updates? Time to start downgrading.

Spyplane
June 11th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I fixed the problem:

Go to: Edit-> Preferences-> Mail Preferences-> HTML Messages Tab-> Plain Text Mode Section

Then change setting "HTML Mode" to "Prefer PLAIN"

This will fix your problem.

patis
June 12th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Indeed, enabling this option shows the form at the bottom of the message. The text-only version still shows up at the top. It is still a bug though which I hope will be fixed soon.

Thank you for the hint.

djcrash1981
June 12th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I'm having this trouble to and it's so annoying.

The bypass worked for me but someone knows when this is going to be solve??? Or how can I fill a report???

Thanks

mailmrg
June 18th, 2008, 10:26 AM
this blog seems to have identified the plugin that screwing things up
http://geek.co.il/wp/2008/06/11/evolution-problems-with-ms-outlook-invitations