PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] why does my download speed differ so much

mr-Kirch
June 5th, 2008, 04:02 PM
okay my down speed on updates is from 186 kb/s to 300 kb/s but on azureus it is only about 4.8 kb/s

why is that

KingTermite
June 5th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I don't know, but I was seeing some weird speed variations yesterday too. Not sure if its similar to your issue or not. I wasn't sure if it was Linux or my cable/internet provider.

I was doing some updated and my download speed was doing down to something like 400 BYTES/sec. It was showing an estimated 16 hours to finish the 48MB download.

I cancelled and rebooted and it seemed to go much better, however I did see the speed go down low a few times, but jump right back. It was all over the board yesterday I noticed.

starcannon
June 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM
okay my down speed on updates is from 186 kb/s to 300 kb/s but on azureus it is only about 4.8 kb/s

why is that

Some people use version checker and leech hammer software and or plugins, azureus has the ability to allow the user to look like they have a huge share ratio even if all they do is leech, many in the p2p community have taken to blocking azureus clients. This is the explanation given to me when I asked around about it on the interwebs about a year ago.