PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Problem with encryption of disc with Truecrypt

dracik
June 5th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Hello gurus,

I won't walk around hot potato and go directly to the plot of problem : )

during installation of kubuntu I have divided my disc to "/dev/sda1" with mount directory to "/" , some swap space and 850GB for "/dev/sda6" , mounted in "/cci".

Immediately after installation, I have installed samba, ssh package and upgraded all packages.
Then I installed truecrypt and tried to encrypt via truecrypt GUI whole /dev/sda6 "device", rather I would say partition. After 14 hours, error occurs when truecrypt remains 0% to encrypt (yes, at the very very end) "Resource temporarily unavailable:/dev/sda6".

I did it first time with intention to format it from truecrypt as FAT.
Failed with this error.
I made format of whole kubuntu (habit from you-know-from-where).
Same procedure as before, but I have chosen "none" formation in truecrypt.
Again failed.

I think I will be able to mount device via gui, but first I am not able to encrypt it successfully and I need help. (Ech, I feel myself like some lady at the worst hour- heeelp, somebody heelp)

The point is, I am very, very ... very new (k)ubuntu family member, so please slow on me : ) . I know what is command line from cisco devices, but I don't know what kind of commands I can use in kubuntu. Anyway, if I need use commands, I please to explain what each command do. I don't like only blindly pasting commands.

BTW- Power electricity is not the cheapest thing, so please don't ask me to try this, this or this, if these steps didn't work - it needs to take 14 hours at all! Yes, that is 1TB disk.

I don't know what kind of version of OS I have and where I can see that, but I have downloaded the last one English Kubuntu previous week(something 8.x I think). Truecrypt is 5.1a (but, frankly I think there is problem that something from kubuntu uses that disk and is need to tunr off it before encryption)

Thanks
dracik

dracik
June 6th, 2008, 04:47 PM
I know here is somebody able to answer on this forum, but... have I assigned this thread into wrong section ???

sparrowkc
June 13th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Bump. Not to hijack your thread, but I can't figure out how to put a filesystem on my unformated truecrypt drive.

Francewhoa
January 8th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Same here. I found a solution at http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11594919&postcount=8

bluexrider
January 8th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Bump. Not to hijack your thread, but I can't figure out how to put a filesystem on my unformated truecrypt drive.

Hey there hijacker....

try this

http://linuxandfriends.com/2010/02/03/how-to-truecrypt-setup-on-ubuntu-linux/

oldos2er
January 8th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Closed, necromancy.