PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problems loading ubuntu 8.04 blank screen

alesp
June 5th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Hello, I've been trying to install ubuntu 8.04 in my new computer but there is a problem when loading from the live cd.
I insert the cd, then I reboot and ubuntu starts to load. First of all I cannot use my usb keyboard... that wouldn't be a problem if I could eventually install the SO, but the logo and the progress bar are the last thing I can see before the blank screen. It seems to load correctly, but when the login page time comes, nothing happens and the blank screen stays there.
I think that it may be related to the video card... my system is an intel core 2 duo e8400 on a gigabyte ga-p35-ds3l and a msi nvidia NX8800gt.... does anybody knows what could be the problem... I was waiting for the computer to definitely install and use ubuntu, I'm a little disappointed and I couldn't find anything relevant on the web, it's frustrating.

hal8000
June 5th, 2008, 09:13 AM
When loading the live CD, Press F6 and add irqpoll to the boot prompt and press enter.

If that fails and you reach the blank screen, try pressing ctrl-alt-F2, does this take you to a login prompt?

alesp
June 5th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Thank you for answer me hal, I'll try that tonight and then I tell you how it was.