PDA

View Full Version : Where to start?

Nizzle
June 4th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Was bored a bit so I figured I'd make something

Since I've never programmed with using hardware I'll just ask about it :confused:
Nor have I got information from other applications/websites
did get it out of databases and stuff

so now I've got 2 idea's
1) I'll make some 'application' which lets me see who's talking to me on msn.. and let me show what that person is saying.. in the G15 display (this could later on be expanded to do more stuff I guess..)
2) I'll make some sort of spamming application to bother friends on a social networking site (probably the easiest of the choices)

I figured for #2 I could start with a GUI and think of what the hell I'd actually want to do with it but that's pretty much all I could think of for as what to do

I'd like to do this using Java 6 and Eclipse

LaRoza
June 4th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Was bored a bit so I figured I'd make something

Since I've never programmed with using hardware I'll just ask about it :confused:
Nor have I got information from other applications/websites
did get it out of databases and stuff

I figured for #2 I could start with a GUI and think of what the hell I'd actually want to do with it but that's pretty much all I could think of for as what to do

I'd like to do this using Java 6 and Eclipse

What is the question? We aren't going to help you spam anyone ;) I don't see what hardware has to do with this either.

You don't start with GUI's for most things.

Nizzle
June 4th, 2008, 09:50 PM
The display on my G15 keyboard is hardware which I thought had something to do with it..?

I'm trying to figure out what I should use for connection, library or API or something to even get the data to begin with any of this

Hozza
June 4th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Don't spam people!!!!!!!

If your board and want to do something, do something that will benefit people. (Don't be a jerk for no reason!!!)

For example find a problem with Linux and fix it (i.e. the problem of not being able to screen print when a menu is open), that way you will have filled your boardem and solved someone else's problems.

:D

lisati
June 4th, 2008, 11:33 PM
As has already been said, don't spam people!

Perhaps a more useful project would be a spam filter for incoming email that gives some indication of how reliable the message headers are that identify where and who the message is from.

Nizzle
June 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM
and how would making a program where there are billions of already be any more useful? :confused:

geirha
June 5th, 2008, 05:31 PM
At the unofficial g15 forums some guy has made a library for controlling the display and keys. Might be a good place to start. http://www.g15forums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3574