PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] [SOLVED] New Drive "Autoruns" multiple times

juanoleso
June 4th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Hi all,

Whenever I insert a CD, VLC (default media player) gets opened 4 times. Or whenever I plug in my USB flash drive the flash drive root folder gets opened 4 times as in 4 windows with the same thing. I have been playing with my fstab, but I didn't think I made any major modifications that would do something like this.

Just wondering if anybody has any ideas on how to fix this or if someone could provide a link to some resources about this subject.

Thanks for any help in advance!

juanoleso
June 5th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Bump.

Just looking for any ideas or even a link to reading material that I might be able to take care of this myself.

Thanks you.

juanoleso
June 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Bump.

Can someone tell me if a certain process or program controls the autorun? Is this something that might be changed in a configuration file? I am still pretty newbish when it comes to Ubuntu and Linux, but can someone tell me the folder that I might be able to find the file/program to modify/configure to fix this. Like I said, I made some modifications to my fstab file. I think that made the problem worse (as in 4 windows instead of 3, might have been some other thing I tinkered with though), but all I did is comment out the auto mounting of my CD and DVD drives.

Thanks in advance.

juanoleso
June 19th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Installed Ubuntu over Xubuntu. Eliminated problem.