PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] tabs for open applications

curtesy
June 4th, 2008, 08:14 PM
How do I set Gnome (?) to show tabs for all open applications (e.g., one for firefox, another for calculator, ...)? When they are all unmaximized, I can see them, however, when they are maximized, I cannot find them. Additionally, when I minimize an app, it disappears from view...where is the tab to bring it back?

Ubuntu 7.1, i386

Thanks
Curt

bmac
June 4th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Right click on panel (taskbar) which you want the applications to show when minimized and select "Add to Panel".
Find and select "Window List" left click on it once.
Left click on "+Add" at bottom and close the "Add to Panel" window.

Hope this helps....

curtesy
June 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Thanks BMAC. Worked great. Now the big picture question .... why is this not in the Ubuntu help? I chased the question for a long time before giving up.

Curt

bmac
June 5th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I'm using Hardy and It's listed in the help menu under "Customising Your Computer"/ "Customising Panels"/"Applets" - I don't know why they misspelled Customizing nor why "Help" was written in it's present format... I can say however, that I've attempted to utilize multiple help menus from numerous software packages and they all basically seem to be written by individuals who are extremely familiar with the software and aren't looking at the software from a new users perspective. I've learned to be extremely attentive and not overly excited thinking the solution will be easy to find in most help programs.

However, the real answer to your question is simply:
Your on the "Best Internet Forum" where the forum community responds to your questions in an expedient and courteous manner, endeavoring to assure that all individuals have a positive experience with the best OS available (of course that's just my opinion).

Can't complain about that....

Good luck and hope your enjoying the tuxride as much as I am....:smile: