PDA

View Full Version : A driver for my lexmark 4200 series or a cheap printer

ThirdWorld
October 25th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Hey Guys Im wondering if somebody can recomend me a good cheap (sub $50) printer that I can purchase for my wireless network in my office. I have a lexmark 4200 series and it dont work with Ubuntu. Ubuntu detect and ask me if i want ro use the local printer (I use one of the boxes as printer server.) but turns out there is no driver in lexmark webpage. Did you guys now a way to make it work with another lexmark driver?
However, if that is not possible its ok because it prints horrible and use to much ink so I use it primarly to fax and copy documents in the office.

can somebody help me with this one? :confused:

Update: My Lexmark 4200 is printing perfectly if you want to know how i do it

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=83079

Master Shake
October 25th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Perhaps the HP3910? Wal-Mart has them for $25, and HP has a linux driver for 'em.

EDIT: I'm picking one up this weekend.

ThirdWorld
October 25th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Perhaps the HP3910? Wal-Mart has them for $25, and HP has a linux driver for 'em.

EDIT: I'm picking one up this weekend.

Wow! its the same printer I was holding in my hands yesterday at walmart hehe. :) however the box dont say anything about linux compatibility it only said mac and Windows, I searched the HP webpage and there is a list of drivers. It said Deskjet 3920. Its the same driver for the HP Deskjet 3910 and 3930 printers?

Thanks ;)

lrmall01
April 11th, 2006, 04:15 AM
Did you ever figure out how to get this 3910 to work? I've tried, but haven't had any luck.