PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update problems

alsorrell
June 4th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I've looked through similar postings, and tried a bunch of things, but still no joy.

Using Ubuntu 2.6.24-17-generic (uname -a)

When I try to run Update Manager, I get a message about a "Hash Sum mismatch" on linux-headers-2.6.24-18_2.6.24-18.32_1ll.deb

I've tried using the "Main Server", the "US Server" and most recently the mirror at mirrors.us.kernel.org.

I've (earlier) tried from http://archive.ubuntu.com:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get update

The "update" gives several bzip2 errors on:
hardy/universe
hardy/universe sources

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Al

jeffus_il
June 4th, 2008, 04:39 PM
try
sudo apt-get clean

alsorrell
June 4th, 2008, 04:51 PM
try
sudo apt-get clean

I switched back to "US Server", then did the
sudo apt-get clean

Running Update Manager and forcing a "check" gave the same error, plus a new one on linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24-18-generic_2.6.24.13-18.41_i386.deb (Size mismatch) - I have seen that error before during this saga!

Thanks,
Al

LiamGaerity
June 4th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Hey, I don't know if this is the relevant place to post, but I did the kernel update this morning as well (2.6.24-18-generic). Now Compiz is not working. Any suggestions?

steveneddy
June 4th, 2008, 06:09 PM
My only problem that i can see is that Ekiga won't work with the new -18 kernel.

It looks like it is about to start, and sometimes will give me a GUI, but crashes after about 3 seconds.

Compiz works, and the nVidia driver seems to be working fine.

Bluetooth ok here also.

Hardy 2.6.24-18-generic 64 bit

EDIT: After a reinstall of Ekiga it seems to be working fine.

LiamGaerity
June 4th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Okay, well, after another reboot, and a double check of updates and upgrades, compiz and nVidia both seem to be working fine.

alsorrell
June 5th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Hey, I don't know if this is the relevant place to post, but I did the kernel update this morning as well (2.6.24-18-generic). Now Compiz is not working. Any suggestions?

Not nice to hijack the thread... I believe normal netiquette would have suggested startying a new thread with your separate issue.

Al

LiamGaerity
June 5th, 2008, 01:40 PM
My sincere apologies. Won't happen again.