PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody translate these Portuguese song lyrics?

lunaluna
June 3rd, 2008, 04:32 PM
i was curious about the lyrics of some Brazilian songs since i don't know the language...
tried to translated though altavista but the half of the words were a bit "informal" so they couldn't be translated...

so i came across some random songs that i found interesting:
-some of the album mc creu(the album)
-lambada
so any help appriciated...

billgoldberg
June 3rd, 2008, 05:11 PM
You mean: does anyone know any Portuguese?

I doubt such a site exists.

I'm pretty certain there are some Portuguese or Brazilian users, you could ask them.

lunaluna
June 3rd, 2008, 05:12 PM
You mean: does anyone know any Portuguese?

I doubt such a site exists.

I'm pretty certain there are some Portuguese or Brazilian users, you could ask them.

any idea how to find them-like a seach option?

billgoldberg
June 3rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
No idea.

Maybe one of them will reply to this.

elmer_42
June 3rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
You should change the title to "Can anybody translate these Portuguese song lyrics?" or something like that. It will let the Portuguese know that they are wanted.

lunaluna
June 3rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
You should change the title to "Can anybody translate these Portuguese song lyrics?" or something like that. It will let the Portuguese know that they are wanted.

ok starting another thread...

elmer_42
June 3rd, 2008, 05:40 PM
That's one way to do it, but I think you can just edit the title.

lunaluna
June 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
it gives me the option for editing but not for the title...
only the content....

LaRoza
June 3rd, 2008, 06:13 PM
it gives me the option for editing but not for the title...
only the content....

It is a mental thing, you just have to want it and it happens.

FFighter
June 3rd, 2008, 06:24 PM
I tried to reply the other thread, but LaRoza closed it while I was replying... so, here it goes:

alright ,thanks in advance..
i came across some random songs
-some of the album mc creu(the album)
-lambada
and i have some more..as soon i find ouy the titles i'll lets you know

Didn't know lambada were Portuguese, I think it has its origins in Spain/Spanish culture.

Anyway, MC Créu is brazilian. Its music genre is called "Funk Carioca", carioca becouse it is from Rio de Janeiro.

Funk Carioca usually have a strong sexual connotation. MC Créu with its hit "dança do créu" is no different. Also, they usually make heavy use of carioca's slang (Créu being one of them). That's why your translator found so many informal words.

"Créu" means something like "to have sex". Have you watched a video-clip showing his dancers yet? Go to youtube and search for "dança do créu" or "Mulher melancia" and you'll get the idea :)

It is interesting to know that most brazilians think that the funk music genre is trash. It is more enjoyed in lower-class brazilian population and maybe some vip niches.

If you have anything else you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

lunaluna
June 3rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
just edited

lunaluna
June 3rd, 2008, 06:41 PM
I tried to reply the other thread, but LaRoza closed it while I was replying... so, here it goes:

Didn't know lambada were Portuguese, I think it has its origins in Spain/Spanish culture.

Anyway, MC Créu is brazilian. Its music genre is called "Funk Carioca", carioca becouse it is from Rio de Janeiro.

Funk Carioca usually have a strong sexual connotation. MC Créu with its hit "dança do créu" is no different. Also, they usually make heavy use of carioca's slang (Créu being one of them). That's why your translator found so many informal words.

"Créu" means something like "to have sex". Have you watched a video-clip showing his dancers yet? Go to youtube and search for "dança do créu" or "Mulher melancia" and you'll get the idea :)

It is interesting to know that most brazilians think that the funk music genre is trash. It is more enjoyed in lower-class brazilian population and maybe some vip niches.

If you have anything else you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

i saw the video clip...and got the point(a pat of it..)
and yes im curius about the lyrics of these album if you could translate them or if you could give me a site with the lyrics already translated...?

FFighter
June 3rd, 2008, 07:23 PM
I don't know where you could find english translations for "a dança do créu", but I could do it for you if you'd like. However, I can't do it right now as I have some work to do.

lunaluna
June 3rd, 2008, 07:44 PM
I don't know where you could find english translations for "a dança do créu", but I could do it for you if you'd like. However, I can't do it right now as I have some work to do.

of coarse whenever you have the time... :)

FFighter
June 3rd, 2008, 08:47 PM
Ok, I will do it as soon as I get some time and PM you, or post it here if anyone else is interested...

Cheers.