PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ok I decided to keep my ipod touch dangit...

Ripfox
June 3rd, 2008, 08:31 AM
I finally figured out how to move music on and off the dang thing. Man, if that Wizpy wasn't so small I'd turn this thing in for one. If I knew a single thing about writing programs, I'd be on this task right away...that was a PAIN IN THE BUTT! :lolflag:

JohnSearle
June 3rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
I finally figured out how to move music on and off the dang thing. Man, if that Wizpy wasn't so small I'd turn this thing in for one. If I knew a single thing about writing programs, I'd be on this task right away...that was a PAIN IN THE BUTT! :lolflag:

What did you end up doing? I have an IPod touch, and I just boot into windows when I'm looking to transfer anything to it. I've heard it has to be jailbroken, but I have a 2yr extended warranty on it, so no chance in me doing that.

- John

rune0077
June 3rd, 2008, 11:14 AM
What did you end up doing? I have an IPod touch, and I just boot into windows when I'm looking to transfer anything to it. I've heard it has to be jailbroken, but I have a 2yr extended warranty on it, so no chance in me doing that.

- John

I can transfer songs from Amarok to my iPhone, but yeah, it has to be jailbrocken (you need to ssh into it), and it must be done over wireless.

Ripfox
June 3rd, 2008, 05:53 PM
If you jailbreak it with Ziphone you can just reset it to factory easily.

Ripfox
June 8th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Got rid of it.

zmjjmz
June 8th, 2008, 09:38 PM
If you jailbreak it with Ziphone you can just reset it to factory easily.

ZiPhone is outdated.
Use iLiberty+, install Cydia, and from Cydia install Installer.

myusername
June 8th, 2008, 09:51 PM
i have never tried cydia...is it good?

Black Mage
June 8th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I think its time for someone to come out with the iPhone/iPod killer.

Ripfox
June 9th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Well whatever I used didn't matter, b/c I took it back due to incompatibility with Ubuntu.