PDA

View Full Version : Had me at U!

namar777
June 3rd, 2008, 06:37 AM
God!! Where to start, i've been pondering on having a linux distro next to my WinXp on my laptop. I don't have much of a rig but i get to program games and hack around and especially the latter doesn't take much memory :).... Anywho i've started with Fedora, like it, but the slogan "open" was rawly portrayed ( if u want codecs u need to buy them)... then i've made a thorough search and found Ubuntu...

Wow, just WOW!! Finally a product i can use without the corporate bull**** , where i can see everything happening under the hood, from the linux kernel to the pixel shader i'm programming in a game. Just perfect... lol it's weird coz now my Xp installation is on a small sector of my harddrive just for compatibility issues especially if a professor or somebody throws me a (windows file)...

I can officially say that Ubuntu Linux is my number one OS and will from now on develop primarily on it that includes Games, Utilities and many other things....!! Of course when i'll be a "badass dev" i'll hit the Ubuntu team with major contributions!!!

Cheers! Ubuntu will conquer the world... believe me it will!!:KS

loell
June 3rd, 2008, 06:41 AM
now you're officially an Ubuntu fanboy!! be good and behave well. :popcorn:

ubuntu27
June 3rd, 2008, 06:46 AM
Welcome to the community namar777. Keep polishing your GNU/Linux skills :guitar:

mde123
June 3rd, 2008, 06:47 AM
Haha,
hilarious.
Im 12 years old and read about ubuntu in PC MAG and as soon as i downloaded gusty, (when i was 11) i was like bouncing around and sooo happy.

And yes, ubuntu will conquer the world and we will distroy the gates and apples.

if you know what i mean:lolflag:

namar777
June 3rd, 2008, 06:59 AM
http://nassimamar.max.io

If you guys want to check out some stuff i've made pre-18 year old era... Now i'm just underground covering and learning as much as possible ( Ubuntu is a big milestone!! :p)

FuturePilot
June 3rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Hehe, welcome to Ubuntu! Glad it's working out for you.

That's really the only reason I still have Windows around too. Just in case someone gives me some Windows only thing or something and it's only a last resort. Otherwise it's pure Ubuntu here too :guitar:

barbedsaber
June 3rd, 2008, 07:54 AM
I wiped my Xp partition when I ws doing some other partitioning, never got around to reinstalling it, probably never will

namar777
June 3rd, 2008, 08:06 AM
Lol!! Still playing with it, guess i'll leave winxp reinstallation till tomorrow!! Its too sweet to let go!!

bufsabre666
June 3rd, 2008, 09:07 AM
i personally dont want linux to dominate, i just want 8-10% or the market, that way we get better hardware drivers and we still stay mostly secure

welcome to the community btw