PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I upgraded and now I can't even login

jsdieorksw
June 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
I finally got around to upgrading last week and right from the start I was having problems, my bittorrent client was acting up, I completely lost my audio, and eventually completely crapped out. After I enter in my username/password at startup nothing happens. The blank orange screen just sits. Nothing else loads up onto the screen. I'm able to take screenshots for some reason and the shut down menu is able to come up but that's it. This sucks! Is there any way at all to get to 7.10?

wpshooter
June 2nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
I know this will not help you but this is the very reason why I never do an upgrade from one O/S version to another (I always install the new O/S from scratch) be it M/S windows, Linux or any other.

And for right now from what I have seen of Hardy I am staying with Gutsy and probably going to wait for the next version of Ubuntu to come out this fall and see what it might look like. I am probably going to bypass Hardy altogether because I don't think it is up to snuff and I have my doubts that it is going to be there shortly or perhaps not at all.

Good luck to you.

vamsibethapudy
June 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
i am having a similar problem.
I upgraded using the update manager yesterday.
I can login because i had automatic login on.
But then I cant use anything that needs a User pasword.
It didnot accept my previous password.
I opened the Users & Groups thing to check what password was set.
But the password field is empty.
I tried to change it ,but it again needs a password, so i could do nothing
someone please help