PDA

View Full Version : Fedora 10 is going to be released 2 days before Intrepid Ibex ! ! !

adityakavoor
June 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
I just happened to see the Fedora 10 release schedule.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/10/Schedule#Fedora_10_Release_Schedule

Also the Intrepid Ibex release schedule.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule

I was just shocked to see that Fedora 10 is released on 28th Oct and Ibex on 30th.

What would the resulting consequences ? :confused:

zekopeko
June 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
ubuntu trying harder to be the best distro out there.

Mazza558
June 2nd, 2008, 02:25 PM
A better quality release for all (both Fedora and Ubuntu). That's all it'll be.

Kernel Sanders
June 2nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
What would the resulting consequences ? :confused:

OH!MY!GOD!THATS GOING TO CAUSE A TEMPORAL INVERSION INTO SUBSPACE!!!!1111oneoneoneonehundredandeighty!!!!11 11oneoneone

Seriously though, the resulting consequences are only that you get two new distros in that period rather than one. EVERYONE WINS. Choice ftw.

Joeb454
June 2nd, 2008, 02:38 PM
Nothing. It just means you can try out Fedora 10 a day or 2 earlier while you struggle to download Intrepid ;)

billgoldberg
June 2nd, 2008, 03:04 PM
I guess the OP thinks that will "steal" ubuntu users.

Might happen but I doubt it.

I might download fedora and install to toy around with, but I'm pretty sure I'll be using Ibex from the day it comes out.

(who am I kidding? I'll be using beta's and RC's weeks before the final release)

Sand & Mercury
June 2nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
ubuntu trying harder to be the best distro out there.
Hopefully. Competition is great for users

RiceMonster
June 2nd, 2008, 04:10 PM
That means I have a new Distro immediately available to try if I have bad luck with Intrepid :lolflag:

NikoC
June 2nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Those are going to be some busy days for my university network... as I am eager to try out both :)

tdrusk
June 2nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
It won't really matter. Most people who care will already be using intrepid before it's release.

Mr. Picklesworth
June 2nd, 2008, 04:34 PM
It means that Fedora and Ubuntu can better cooperate, sharing patches without temporal incompatibilities. For example, there is a good chance the two will have similar kernels in this case, which will be a good thing.