PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu

retro89
June 2nd, 2008, 01:56 AM
Hi im from southern ohio ,I tried to sell ubuntu at the Fleamarket (only to cover my cost) and Was trying to get the word out about Ubuntu and I had no success. Maybe should Have gave a demo of it but Ihad no pc. What would be a good way to get people interested?

TheIdiotThatIsMe
June 2nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Howdy!

A quick question, while at the Flea market, was Ubuntu the only ware that you were trying to sell?

One thing to remember about Flea Markets is that people there are looking for great bargains, usually for stuff they already know. Unfortunately, trying to sell someone on the concept of an operating system if they are not familiar with them will be most difficult (and if they are familiar with them, they probably are able to download one and install it). One thing to help create awareness, is to also carry CD's of larger applications for Windows, such as OpenOffice.org (since more people are familiar with word processors and spreadsheet software, and are used to them costing a lot of money), and maybe also Gimp, Inkscape, Scribus, etc.

If you would really like to garner attention, you could also try distributing some of the smaller software for free (like a Firefox, Thunderbird/Spicebird, Pidgin bundle).

But if nothing else, just keep trying on some different ideas. :popcorn: