PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Lost My Top Panel

CarlosinFL
June 1st, 2008, 11:36 PM
I deleted my top panel and I am now re-creating it however I wanted to know if its possible to have an application launcher w/ the Gnome icon rather than the Ubuntu icon? Does anyone know how I can obtain that on my top panel? I do NOT want the Ubuntu icon for my application icon...

Also I lost the default / original wireless signal strength reader for Gnome. I did add "Network Monitor" to the panel however that does not appear to be the same as the one that you find in the initial installation panel for Gnome. Anyone know what I am missing?

crimsontime
June 2nd, 2008, 01:33 AM
I can help on the wireless bars as I had the same issue. It's not Network Monitor, I made that mistake too. What you have to add is called 'Notification Area". Add to Panel>Notification Area should bring it back.

mcduck
June 2nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
The icon in the Menu BAr applet (the one with Applications/PLaces/System) depends on the icon theme youa re using. So, to change the icon you'll either need to use some other theme, or find the picture from the theme's files and change it manually to something else.

If you use the Main Menu applet instead (which combines all 3 enus into one button, more like classic Windows menu) it's possible to select the icon used through gconf-editor.

CarlosinFL
June 2nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks all. I will give that a shot!