PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] system tray gone - don't know how to restore

SchitzoJoe
June 1st, 2008, 09:41 AM
Hrm. Well, I accidentally deleted my top panel today. Added it again, but now I don't have the system tray, wh ere I can minimize programs and it appears in the top-right corner. And I can't find it in the "Add to Panel..." list.

It's probably really easy to fix, I'm just a 'Nix Newb and don't know where things are. :P Any help?

dnairb
June 1st, 2008, 09:43 AM
I think you are looking for the "Notification Area". Try adding that to the panel.

SchitzoJoe
June 1st, 2008, 04:53 PM
Haha, fixed it. :P

Thanks, lol.

michande03
November 21st, 2008, 03:29 PM
ah so nice to find this post, searched for sytray tray system in add to panel window but that didn't find any :D

damned it is hard to delete stuff when testing new eyecandy such as awn :P will keep both rolling until totally home with new stuff from here on :P

stereotype
November 23rd, 2008, 04:01 PM
I think you are looking for the "Notification Area". Try adding that to the panel.
Dnairb thank you so much I would have never guessed it was the Notification Area! I'm still learning.

amal.jas
August 13th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Hi.. i deleted my task bar fully.. after that a creating a new panel and put alll the things include Notification area... but my "profile" name is missing.. so i am not able to use "logout,restart" commands.. now i use "shutdown" key for that.. anybody know how to place my profile in that place..? send ur answers to my mail amal.jas@gmail.com

hok00age
August 13th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Haha, fixed it. :P

Thanks, lol.

Please add prefix [SOLVED] to this thread

wojox
August 13th, 2010, 10:34 PM
Hi.. i deleted my task bar fully.. after that a creating a new panel and put alll the things include Notification area... but my "profile" name is missing.. so i am not able to use "logout,restart" commands.. now i use "shutdown" key for that.. anybody know how to place my profile in that place..? send ur answers to my mail amal.jas@gmail.com

Add Indicator Applet Session.

3rdalbum
August 14th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Don't use old instructions with new versions of Ubuntu.

You should use the Indicator Applet, not the Notification Area.

melodyoutside
September 16th, 2010, 05:59 PM
Wow, that helped me a lot. I was trying to re-organize things in my panel, so I created a new one, and then deleted the old one and voila! System tray was gone and a I got a bunch of errors. This fixed it. Thank you!!! :p;)