PDA

View Full Version : I thought this was funny but DO NOT RUN ANY COMMAND CONTAINED IN THIS POST!!!!

captainsixxx
June 1st, 2008, 07:43 AM
DO NOT RUN ANY COMMAND FOUND IN THIS POST

Ok so I am very new to all of this computer stuff. Two weeks ago I would not have understood a lot of what is said in these forums, small things like bits of code and whatnot. But with the many hours I have spent on here and the abnormal amount of reading that I have done I have started to understand things that I never thought I would. Things like... <snip> or however that is correctly written, anyways a friend that i havent talked to in a long time just texted me and told me he was bored, so i returned a text telling him to run <snip>boredom, well none the less he became very confused, so I had to explain it to him. (mind you this guy can hardly use windows) Anyways this place is like crack I cant get enough there are still a few hundred thousand thread that I havent read. So I thought it was funny and I would share this with y'all.

CloudFX
June 1st, 2008, 07:59 AM
heh, I ran it once, knowing fully well what I was doing, and nothing went wrong. it's best that you DONT run it for pre-installed applications.

captainsixxx
June 1st, 2008, 08:02 AM
I understand what it does too, but I dont understand other code. Everyone says not to run it so I kept looking around and found a break down of what it was, so I feel that knowing what it does and posting using that line that I should warn people not to run it in general.

Moustacha
June 1st, 2008, 09:20 AM
<snip>

chewearn
June 1st, 2008, 10:17 AM
A while back, we got trolls who trick new users into running commands they shouldn't run. See the warning here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?a=54

Which, ironically, teach you various ways to trash your system. :shock:

K.Mandla
June 1st, 2008, 11:24 AM
Please be aware that posting this command is still considered a bannable offense, and should not be done casually, or even in jest.

Thread closed.