PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] FF display anomoly...

buccaneere
June 1st, 2008, 05:05 AM
Ever seen a display like this?

Until I right clicked, and clicked on one or two different options, I didn't even have the upper or lower panel - just the page content was displayed.

Thanks.

ChameleonDave
June 1st, 2008, 05:31 AM
Looks like a window-manager crash, but it's only affecting Fx.

Are you using Compiz?

IanW
June 1st, 2008, 08:32 AM
It's what you get by pressing F11 - Toggle full screen view.

ChameleonDave
June 1st, 2008, 11:16 AM
It's what you get by pressing F11 - Toggle full screen view.

OK. But are you using Compiz or not? (i.e. 3D desktop effects)

buccaneere
June 2nd, 2008, 01:17 AM
OK. But are you using Compiz or not? (i.e. 3D desktop effects)

No, I'm not using Compiz, that I know of (unless it is a default process).

I am having other occasional display issues, which I'm thinking are hardware related - display freezes with no mouse or keyboard response, sometimes FF shuts down the window.

The frequency of the freezes and FF shutdowns dropped significantly when I removed my KVM.

Any ideas?

Thanks/buccaneere......

ChameleonDave
June 2nd, 2008, 03:59 AM
The frequency of the freezes and FF shutdowns dropped significantly when I removed my KVM.

Any ideas?

Thanks/buccaneere......
I had to look that up. Are you talking about one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVM_Switch ?

I've never used one, so I can't troubleshoot it.

The only other suggestion I can make is that if you are having trouble with Firefox, then use Konqueror, Opera or Epiphany instead.

buccaneere
June 2nd, 2008, 05:36 AM
I had to look that up. Are you talking about one of these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVM_Switch ?

I've never used one, so I can't troubleshoot it.

The only other suggestion I can make is that if you are having trouble with Firefox, then use Konqueror, Opera or Epiphany instead.

Yup on the KVM - mine was un-powered.

And it's out of the loop now. But the occasional lockup, and the odd display from post 1 still occur; only with much less frequency.

Thanks for ideas... I'm gonna' load another browser and see, but I think I have a vid card problem, or mobo problem.