PDA

View Full Version : what is the best place to buy linux cds?

MONODA
May 31st, 2008, 05:28 PM
I have seen OSdisc.com and they seem pretty good, are there another places to buy from, any cheaper places that ship worldwide?

DJ_Peng
May 31st, 2008, 06:02 PM
Have you checked at the Canonical Store (https://shop.canonical.com/index.php?cPath=17)? I know they ship worldwide, and I doubt anyone will beat this developer's price. Plus the profits go to the company that pays Ubuntu's bills, which is an extra plus for me.

miggols99
May 31st, 2008, 06:06 PM
Software Care ;) See my signature.

(The prices look more expensive, but OSdisc like to add hefty prices to the postage...)

MONODA
May 31st, 2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah I know about that but I am looking for a variaty of different distros, not just ubuntu. (I already have downloaded ubuntu so I wont need that.)

miggols99
May 31st, 2008, 06:10 PM
What exactly are you looking for?

MONODA
May 31st, 2008, 06:17 PM
Software Care See my signature.

(The prices look more expensive, but OSdisc like to add hefty prices to the postage...)
yes I have seen your store, it is very nice but I already have those downloaded :P. do you ship to lebanon? and by when do you think you will have more distros?(just a tip, osdisc.com provides free shipping for orders over 19.99 which is pretty nice for someone like me who usually pays about $12 shipping for a $3 purchase. I am looking for OpenSolaris, NetBSD, knoppix, LFS and some others.

miggols99
May 31st, 2008, 06:21 PM
I ship worldwide :) From Royal Mail (http://royalmail.com).

I can get those distros available for you quite quickly :D About a week? Also what are "the others"? So I can start designing the labels and inserts ;)

MONODA
May 31st, 2008, 06:36 PM
before you start putting in a bunch of work into this I think I should tell you that I was not planning on buying the cds at the moment but later on, I will notify you when.

miggols99
May 31st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Ok cool. Send me a PM when you're planning to buy them.