PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error in installing the live Hearty Heron CD

racoope
May 31st, 2008, 02:29 AM
Hi,
I have tried loading the ver 8.04 live CD and it will not boot from the the CD. It starts to boots and ends with an Busybox message and finnaly initramfs and then just hangs.

I'm running XP on 1 disk and trying to load this on the second formated ext3 disk. The 2nd disak is 32gigs and blank.
Can anyone assist with suggestions. Thanks. racoope:confused:

iaculallad
May 31st, 2008, 02:33 AM
If you happen to burn from an Ubuntu ISO file, check the ISO file if it matches the MD5 file hash as listed on the website where you downloaded it. And burn it at a lower speed (4x).

racoope
August 17th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Thhaks for the suggestion, however, I am booting from the Manufacturer created CD to install Hearty Heron & it drops into the busy box message.
[I didn't burn the CD]
Any other suggestions are really appreciated.
Thanks - help
racoope
:(

gadu33
August 17th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Thhaks for the suggestion, however, I am booting from the Manufacturer created CD to install Hearty Heron & it drops into the busy box message.
[I didn't burn the CD]
Any other suggestions are really appreciated.
Thanks - help
racoope
:(
try to isntall ubuntu alternative cd is easy to isntall and faster can dowload from ubuntu webpage

_Rosco_
September 3rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
Hi guys..

Have you tried going into the recovery mode and seeing what other messages are being displayed with the BusyBox prompt..Here's a guide for the busybox that relates to being unable to mount an NTFS drive so it has to be forcibly mounted. http://www.proposedsolution.com/solutions/ps0017.php

Hope this helps.

~Rosco~