PDA

View Full Version : Star Wreck Free Movie

Gandalf
October 24th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Hey guys, check out this http://www-fi3.starwreck.com/index.php its the first free movie hehe :D

Lagiv
October 24th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Yeah it's funny! But what do you mean first free movie? They have released other free movies before and so have many other amateur groups. And also many old films are free nowadays like these:
http://www.archive.org/details/feature_films

Luke Redpath
October 24th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Just watched the trailer and didn't laugh once. What a load of crap!

And Star Wreck is the name of a decent parody in book form:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0752208306/qid=1130158407/sr=8-3/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl/202-2994046-2747830

I recommend reading that instead of watching this rubbish ;)

asimon
October 24th, 2005, 02:07 PM
They should release a "compressed" version with just the computer rendered parts of the film, i.e. only the space battles. ;-)

Kimm
October 24th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Its not the originaly free, somewhat well made movie eighter.
look into: Star Wars: Relevations

And, LoL, its in finnish, not that I have anything against finns, just never saw a movie in finnish, and some things just sound plain wierd to a swede like myselfe xD

SlugO
October 24th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Hey, give it a chance people! It's a great parody and amazingly well done for an amateur film.

And, LoL, its in finnish, not that I have anything against finns, just never saw a movie in finnish, and some things just sound plain wierd to a swede like myselfe xD

Well can't blame you, I wouldn't be very interested in a Swedish film either.

Lagiv
October 24th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Well can't blame you, I wouldn't be very interested in a Swedish film either.

:KS
Well a little bit of Sweden vs. Finland rivalry is always healthy ;) But I would say both have great movies, I would recommend Ingmar Bergman's and Aki Kaurismäki's movies for a start!

Kimm
October 24th, 2005, 04:34 PM
Ha ha, no, I expect you would be to interested in Swedish movies eighter, frankly, I personaly dont like them at all :-P

Never saw neighter an Ingmar Bergman nor an Aki Kaurismäki Movie though.

jdodson
October 24th, 2005, 06:38 PM
This just in from Apples: "**** pears!"

BWF89
October 24th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the free movie. I'm downloading it now.

If it's good I'll see if I can burn it to a VideoCD.

Ampersand
October 24th, 2005, 11:32 PM
I found it amusing, I've seen just about enough Babylon 5 to get most of the references (and more than enough star trek). It's worth looking through the translator's notes afterwards, since the subtitles werereduced quite a bit from the full translation in places...

BWF89
October 25th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Wow that was a great movie. I've seen every episode of Babylon 5 atleast a few times and alot of the Next Gen & Voyeger episodes. So I got alot of the references.

Info: "Did you really think you could stop me with the stop button on that VCR remote?"