PDA

View Full Version : open office 3 beta opinion

ramkumail
May 30th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Open office 3 beta has been out there for a month and includes some interesting things(office start center, MS office 2007 compatibility). I think it should be made available in ubuntu repos though debs are available from site as it will bring larger userbase to test the beta release. Has anyone installed them? how is it performing? I have downloaded but dont want to screw things up as my thesis defense is approaching. Is it better than OOo2.4? let us have some opinion to guide the cats on the wall(like me).

twright
May 30th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Open office 3 beta has been out there for a month and includes some interesting things(office start center, MS office 2007 compatibility). I think it should be made available in ubuntu repos though debs are available from site as it will bring larger userbase to test the beta release. Has anyone installed them? how is it performing? I have downloaded but dont want to screw things up as my thesis defense is approaching. Is it better than OOo2.4? let us have some opinion to guide the cats on the wall(like me).i have only been able to try the windows version of the beta (via wine) but it seems a great improvement

the tango icons look great