PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Evolution Exchange Calendar not working after upgrade



tytus
May 30th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I upgraded evolution last night from 2.22.1-0ubuntu3.1 to 2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3 and the exchange calendar stopped working completely. When I click on the calendar icon I get a dialog box asking for password. After typing the password I am getting the following error:


Error on exchange://myusername;auth=Basic@server.mycompany.com/:
Authentication failedAlternatively sometimes I get another error:

The Evolution calendar has quit unexpectedly.
Your calendars will not be available until Evolution is restarted.Has anybody seen it or this is just me?

Any help in solving this greatly appreciated.

tytus
May 30th, 2008, 04:07 PM
The Evolution calendar has quit unexpectedly.
Your calendars will not be available until Evolution is restarted.Has anybody seen it or this is just me?


I started evolution with --debug flag here are the debugs corresponding the the above error:


(evolution:11854): libecal-WARNING **: e-cal.c:318: Unexpected response
calendar-gui-Message: Check if default client matches (1211469647.14443.0@spinaker 1212155574.7796.3@spinaker)

(evolution:11854): calendar-gui-CRITICAL **: e_week_view_add_event: assertion `end > add_event_data->week_view->day_starts[0]' failed

(evolution:11854): calendar-gui-CRITICAL **: e_week_view_add_event: assertion `end > add_event_data->week_view->day_starts[0]' failed

(evolution:11854): calendar-gui-CRITICAL **: e_week_view_add_event: assertion `end > add_event_data->week_view->day_starts[0]' failed

(evolution:11854): calendar-gui-CRITICAL **: e_week_view_add_event: assertion `end > add_event_data->week_view->day_starts[0]' failed

(evolution:11854): calendar-gui-CRITICAL **: e_week_view_add_event: assertion `end > add_event_data->week_view->day_starts[0]' failed

(evolution:11854): calendar-gui-CRITICAL **: e_week_view_add_event: assertion `end > add_event_data->week_view->day_starts[0]' failed
I also tried deleting the exchange account and re-adding it again but this does not fix anything.

tytus
June 3rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
OK. The problem was fixed by installing pre-released version of evolution update. Here are the packages that were upgraded on my system when I enabled pre-release updates and checked in evolution check box:

Upgraded the following packages:
evolution (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
evolution-common (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
evolution-data-server (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
evolution-data-server-common (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
evolution-exchange (2.22.1-0ubuntu1) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
evolution-plugins (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
libcamel1.2-11 (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
libebook1.2-9 (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
libecal1.2-7 (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
libedata-book1.2-2 (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
libedata-cal1.2-6 (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
libedataserver1.2-9 (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
libegroupwise1.2-13 (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
libgdata-google1.2-1 (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
libgdata1.2-1 (2.22.1.1-0ubuntu3) to 2.22.2-0ubuntu1
There is also a discussion about it on evolution mailing list under subject: "Evo started asking for Keyring password every time I start Evo"