PDA

View Full Version : LinuxMCE 0710 has been released

mips
May 30th, 2008, 03:13 PM
http://www.linuxmce.org/

LinuxMCE is a free, open source add-on to Kubuntu including a 10' UI, complete whole-house media solution with pvr + distributed media, and the most advanced smarthome solution available. It is stable, easy to use, and requires no knowledge of Linux and only basic computer skills.

Screenshots look good.

Visti
May 30th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Hey, I might try that. It was a bit heavy last time I tried it and had a few minor annoyances, so now I've actually had to switch to a Windows XP solution, which is not too customizable, but basically runs like a dream.

Ninja-edit: But seeing as the interface still is barely customizable, it's just insane overkill for a guy like me, who just wants to play some videos and music from a removable drive.

Mr. Picklesworth
May 30th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Ninja-edit: But seeing as the interface still is barely customizable, it's just insane overkill for a guy like me, who just wants to play some videos and music from a removable drive.Who care's about the interface? LinuxMCE is about the hardware. You can customize your hardware setup in unbelievable ways!

I'm looking for an excuse to buy a couple Linutops (linutop.com) (or Mac Minis, or something...) so I can play with this :)

Edit:
Oh, and more than one TV + more speakers so this actually serves its purpose. Hm...

madjr
May 30th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hey, I might try that. It was a bit heavy last time I tried it and had a few minor annoyances, so now I've actually had to switch to a Windows XP solution, which is not too customizable, but basically runs like a dream.

Ninja-edit: But seeing as the interface still is barely customizable, it's just insane overkill for a guy like me, who just wants to play some videos and music from a removable drive.

you should try elisa.

we got many simple ones. :)