PDA

View Full Version : statistics project

rakansen
May 30th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hey all;

I am doing a statistics project for my end of the year exam and i was hoping you guys and gals could help.

we got to choose our own topic so i choose consoles and video games.

my questions are:

do you own a console(such as the wii and n64, can be the oldest system it doesnt matter to me)

how many games do you own??(including computer games, i dont consider a conputer a console because it can be used for so many more things)

how much do you spend(money wise) on video games weekly?

i thank you for reading and getting responses!

--rakansen--

lisati
May 30th, 2008, 11:58 AM
In our house we've never had a games console of any sort, apart from a borrowed Playstation 1 which we used mainly play CDs. The rest of the time we had it, it was used to gather dust.

madjr
May 30th, 2008, 09:21 PM
first console was a superNES

second console was my PC (mainly emulators and ps1 emu)

third was PS2 (since i couldnt get it to run in an emulator)

i sold my ps2 and got a PSP

i bought a game at first but now i just download all the games on torrent sites :)

ladr0n
May 30th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Do not own a console

Own is a bad word, but I have about 20 games or so between my computers

I spend zero dollars on games per week. (The only game I play more than a couple times a month is Battle for Wesnoth. :))

Bakon Jarser
May 30th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I have a dreamcast. The only discs I have are Soul Caliber, one with 600 NES games, and one with about 300 SNES games. Nintendo is the funnest thing in the world when your drunk, only two buttons.

eragon100
May 30th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Just a computer, just ubuntu on the computer (and wine)

I spend o $ on games weekly, but I buy a commercial linux game (such as ET:QW, northland, heretic 2) or game running under wine (prey for example) every 1 or two months. 30 Euro's max :)

lisati
May 30th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Own is a bad word, but I have about 20 games or so between my computers

Good point - some of the EULAs I've read imply that forking out the $$$$ (and registering, where required) only gives us the right to use the software/game/whatever that happens to be on the disk we bought or in the file we downloaded.

/usr/bin/hacked?
May 30th, 2008, 11:16 PM
I have a gameboy, gameboy advance, nintendo ds, gamecube, and dreamcast. wow, I never realized that they were all from one company. wierd. anyways, I spend little on games, about 1 ever 2-4 months (I don't get bored easily).

Specter043
May 31st, 2008, 12:18 AM
I have an Xbox 360, and Nintendo DS

I own approximately 30 games.

I spend probably $30 a week related to gaming. (I don't buy a new game every week.)

nick09
May 31st, 2008, 12:56 AM
I have an Playstation 3(11 games), Playstation 2(20-30ish), SNES(20ish), DS(three including a demo that came with it), GBA(20-30ish), and GB color(5-10ish). Also I got PS1(I don't have the ps1 as of now) 20-30ish games.

Add all those games together, 11+30+20+3+30+10+30= 134ish games that I have from what I remember from memory. And I rarely go out to the store to buy games (on holidays I get them; or my birthday).

rakansen
June 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
thanks alot fort he replys guys and gals is there anymore people who would be willing to help me?? Or does anyone know somewhere else i could go and ask??

--rakansen--

Mazza558
June 2nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
do you own a console(such as the wii and n64, can be the oldest system it doesnt matter to me)

Yes. 6.

how many games do you own??(including computer games, i dont consider a conputer a console because it can be used for so many more things)

how much do you spend(money wise) on video games weekly?

I buy about 4 games a year, max. It honestly depends on what's being released and whether I'd like it.

HotShotDJ
June 2nd, 2008, 01:00 PM
Number of Consoles: 0
Games Owned: 0
Spent Weekly: 0