PDA

View Full Version : Propsed Business Card Flyer Graphic

cyberdork33
May 30th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Here is my idea for a business card.

lolzer
May 30th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I like it. Count this as a vote in favor of. :)

wolffangalchemist
May 31st, 2008, 01:56 AM
i like its pretty nice.

NullHead
May 31st, 2008, 01:59 AM
I'm not form Alabama, but it does look nice ;)

cyberdork33
May 31st, 2008, 02:25 AM
thanks everyone.

I think that it will look very good without the shadow if it will be more costly to print that way.

crane
June 2nd, 2008, 05:16 AM
Very Nice. I will print some out at work tomorrow and see how the look from a standard printer.
I really like the look. What did you create it in?
If you don't mind I would like to put my email at the bottom of some I print out.

michaelramm
June 2nd, 2008, 02:24 PM
Very Nice. I will print some out at work tomorrow and see how the look from a standard printer.
I really like the look. What did you create it in?
If you don't mind I would like to put my email at the bottom of some I print out.

We have a general email address that could be put on it.

It is info@abamaubuntu.org and I believe that it goes to me, and maybe Jason. I can set it to go to anyone who wants to be included in answering the info email. We just need to be careful not to inundate an emailer with multiple responses, especially to simple questions.

I think that it would be best to use the general email address, rather than personal ones.

I think that the design is SPECTACULAR! It is original and looks very professional. Awesome job, Ricky! We also need to build up a base of graphics for general use on printed material and the blog. I haz no graphicz skillz so I will defer to those that do. I am good with layout and design (at least that is what my BA in Advertising tells me).

Thoughts?

Michael

NullHead
June 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Well I would think a public forum for the project would be the best idea. For free forum software I suggest mybb (http://www.mybboard.net/). You can just install that onto any free domain and now you have a support forum!

cyberdork33
June 2nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Don't we have a mailing list? Can't we put that on there?

I did it in GIMP in OSX Leopard. I can upload the GIMP file when I get home later. Used the template for the other business cards for sizing. I can make adjustments if needed.

cyberdork33
June 3rd, 2008, 03:22 AM

michaelramm
June 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Don't we have a mailing list? Can't we put that on there?

I would not put the mailing list. The list requires signing up to be able to post to it. That is too many steps for someone with a simple question to go through. I would rather the info@ email address and then we can respond to them appropriately and point them to other resources that we have. I would never recommend having a mailing list as a first entry point for someone unfamiliar with ubuntu.

Michael

cyberdork33
June 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
I would not put the mailing list. The list requires signing up to be able to post to it. That is too many steps for someone with a simple question to go through. I would rather the info@ email address and then we can respond to them appropriately and point them to other resources that we have. I would never recommend having a mailing list as a first entry point for someone unfamiliar with ubuntu.

Michael
didn't realize it was restricted like that. That would definitely not make sense.