PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hey, what happened to Firefox?

MarkID
May 30th, 2008, 12:25 AM
I got an update icon on my desktop. I updated. I got a message that some packages would be removed and replaced. When the uodates were done, Firefox (3 Beta 5)was gone. When I added Firefox back in, I got Release 3. Is that right? No more 3 Beta 5? What's up? Where'd it go?

twright
May 30th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I got an update icon on my desktop. I updated. I got a message that some packages would be removed and replaced. When the uodates were done, Firefox (3 Beta 5)was gone. When I added Firefox back in, I got Release 3. Is that right? No more 3 Beta 5? What's up? Where'd it go?
if it is a release candidate it would look like the final release (but that isn't in the repos yet)

riseringseeker
May 31st, 2008, 02:26 PM

From where did you add FireFox back in from? If it was from the repos, it should be V3.0b5.

Clicking "help" and "about Mozilla FireFox" will tell you what version it is.

rumblered
May 31st, 2008, 09:57 PM
RC1 is in hardy-proposed. He probably got it from there.