PDA

View Full Version : Find out who deleted AND blocked you on MSN :D

Northsider
May 30th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Please stop reading this thread!! My account was compromised here and some jerk posted this.

:D:D

gfg
May 30th, 2008, 12:13 AM
This can be easily done in Pidgin and lots of other available msn programs. I would recommend checking there instead, as giving away your password on some site is seldom a good idea.

jrusso2
May 30th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Yes I don't think its a good idea to give your username and password to a website such as this.

Gourgi
May 30th, 2008, 12:57 AM
This can be easily done in Pidgin and lots of other available msn programs. I would recommend checking there instead, as giving away your password on some site is seldom a good idea.

how can i check this with pidgin?

LaRoza
May 30th, 2008, 12:59 AM
whois didn't work. That site is very, very fishy (phishy, also).

Link removed.

FuturePilot
May 30th, 2008, 01:02 AM
http://www.fayax.info/?p=86

crap oh crap :shock:](*,)](*,)

I've been locked out don't do it!!!!!

LaRoza
May 30th, 2008, 01:08 AM

Sorry to hear that.

FFighter
May 30th, 2008, 01:11 AM
Hey, pidgin already does that!

Actually it says if the people "has you", in other words, if he/she has deleted you or not.

Not sure about blocking.

-grubby
May 30th, 2008, 01:15 AM

that's unfortunate. I won't be trying that

Dr Small
May 30th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Reminds me of the old 'bot' trick that n00bz used years ago to trick their friends into sending their username and password to the bot's email as base64 or whatnot...

Dr Small
May 30th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Oh, and, They don't even have SSL enabled for their website. Another clear sign that they don't give a dime about your security. :|

Polygon
May 30th, 2008, 01:47 AM
you can easily do this with pidgin. If you hover over a msn contact, a little pop up window shows their info, and it also shows if the contact 'has you' on their buddy list and also if they have blocked you.

Dr Small
May 30th, 2008, 01:54 AM
you can easily do this with pidgin. If you hover over a msn contact, a little pop up window shows their info, and it also shows if the contact 'has you' on their buddy list and also if they have blocked you.
I am pretty sure, that the 'blocked' part, is for you to identify if you have them blocked.

Novega
May 30th, 2008, 02:35 AM
I am pretty sure, that the 'blocked' part, is for you to identify if you have them blocked.

Yes you are correct, I have two live accounts and I have myself on my own buddy list (I'm a lonely guy...j/k :p )
"Has You" means they havent deleted you from their list
"Blocked" means you have them blocked

Anybody know any other ways to see if someone has you blocked? (I owe myself money and I'd like to see when I come online)

jgrabham
May 30th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Reminds me of the old 'bot' trick that n00bz used years ago to trick their friends into sending their username and password to the bot's email as base64 or whatnot...

Not as bad as those links that get spammed into peoples comments on myspace that link back to a false login page asking for your email address and password, inevitably resulting in their status the next day being "I bin hacked, waa" (Which of course leads to me telling them that if they think anyone would be bothered enough to ACTUALLY hack their account, they have a very high opinion of themselves... and myspace. :guitar:

Northsider
May 30th, 2008, 06:32 AM
WTF I think my acocunt here has been compromised...I DID NOT start this thread. Ugh, you jerk, whoever it was.

lisati
May 30th, 2008, 06:38 AM
WTF I think my acocunt here has been compromised...I DID NOT start this thread. Ugh, you jerk, whoever it was.

Change your password and clear the cookies in your browser a.s.a.p. particularly if you've checked "Remember me".....

Northsider
May 30th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Thats the first thing I did. Thanks.

FuturePilot
May 30th, 2008, 06:55 AM

Welcome to the club :roll:

I've been spending the last 7 hours trying to track down all my various accounts and try to disassociate them with my hotmail account and change the passwords. I've racked my brain so hard for usernames and passwords my brain is turning to mush. I can't think anymore. http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sick/sick0011.gif

lisati
May 30th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the club :roll:

I've been spending the last 7 hours trying to track down all my various accounts and try to disassociate them with my hotmail account and change the passwords. I've racked my brain so hard for usernames and passwords my brain is turning to mush. I can't think anymore. http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sick/sick0011.gif

The person with the most email accounts wins the prize, right? I've kinda lost track of mine over the years, and occasionally get reminded of one I haven't used for a while when I google myself (hands up, who hasn't done that?) or check out something I once was involved with.

regomodo
May 30th, 2008, 09:06 AM

me too. I can't get back in
Damnit, why couldn't i have chosen a rememberable secret question. I can't remember who was my favourite frigging teacher 8 years ago. Just as well i only really use this email for IM.

Delever
May 30th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Just always use the SAME nonsense answer to any secret question ;)

popch
May 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Just always use the SAME nonsense answer to any secret question ;)

... but don't use the name of your GF or BF as you are bound not to know who it was at that particular time.

regomodo
May 30th, 2008, 11:19 AM
My Amazon account is hacked as well. There had to be one web account i used the same password for out of all of them. I really hope i didn't have 1-click ordering setup. Off to the bank i go.
[edit] wait i may have switched my account to gmail a while back as i'd doubt i'd have 2 amazon accounts under gmail and hotmail

Northsider
May 30th, 2008, 03:34 PM
My Amazon account is hacked as well. There had to be one web account i used the same password for out of all of them. I really hope i didn't have 1-click ordering setup. Off to the bank i go.
[edit] wait i may have switched my account to gmail a while back as i'd doubt i'd have 2 amazon accounts under gmail and hotmail

Well, I'm lucky that I only set up that hotmail account for instant messaging purposes...I dont have it tied to anything important. Which makes me wonder how this account got a hold of

FuturePilot
May 30th, 2008, 04:51 PM

That's why I spent 7 hours changing everything and I mean everything. Even accounts that weren't associated with that email account.

tom66
May 30th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Hey, they support Firefox...

"To get a better web experience we recommend using Firefox 2.0 or newer with a minimum resolution of 800x600."

Anyway it just looks fishy, the site doesn't look professional at all. (Just my opinion, but they're using line breaks like there's no tommorow)

Linuturk
May 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
As a side note, if you have trouble remembering sites and passwords and all that, use Keepass (it's in the repos)

I have a long hash for all my important passwords, and I keep the database on my thumb drive. Ain't no one getting in.

FuturePilot
May 30th, 2008, 05:16 PM
As a side note, if you have trouble remembering sites and passwords and all that, use Keepass (it's in the repos)

I have a long hash for all my important passwords, and I keep the database on my thumb drive. Ain't no one getting in.

That's just what I started doing. I found GPass (http://projects.netlab.jp/gpass/)
Also in the repos. :)
Although hmmmm, it looks dead. :(

Ok forget GPass. It's dead and I can only access my passwords from my computer which doesn't help if I'm not at my computer :p. KeePass has a PortableApps version I can add to my collection which will be handy when I'm not at my computer. :)

Mr. Picklesworth
May 30th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I just use GPG encryption + an Evolution memo for my password storage. Seems to work well enough...

Been meaning to create good passwords that way, too, by GPG signing the site URL. (The Seahorse panel applet is great). However, password fields tend to be quite inflexible. Particularly irritating is my credit union, which will only take numerical passwords. Hint: Numbers have 10 possibilities per digit and tend to be short. Letters have 24 and can remembered in long patterns unique to the owner. Which is more secure?

Polygon
May 30th, 2008, 06:53 PM
i prefer revelation password manager..and from the looks of it, it seems to be the child of gpass.

Dr Small
May 30th, 2008, 07:32 PM
I just use GPG encryption + an Evolution memo for my password storage. Seems to work well enough...

Been meaning to create good passwords that way, too, by GPG signing the site URL. (The Seahorse panel applet is great). However, password fields tend to be quite inflexible. Particularly irritating is my credit union, which will only take numerical passwords. Hint: Numbers have 10 possibilities per digit and tend to be short. Letters have 24 and can remembered in long patterns unique to the owner. Which is more secure?
GnuPG Editor (Ged) works great for command line GPG Editing:
http://php.8ez.com/drsmall/blog/?p=248

Northsider
May 31st, 2008, 05:42 AM
That's why I spent 7 hours changing everything and I mean everything. Even accounts that weren't associated with that email account.
I assume that's how this account got snatched. I changed all of mine now.

FuturePilot
May 31st, 2008, 07:32 AM
Aha! I win in the end. I've got it back now. \\:D/

Let's say I've learned my lesson. Don't put passwords in random sites :shock:[-X

regomodo
May 31st, 2008, 08:02 PM
Aha! I win in the end. I've got it back now. \\:D/

Let's say I've learned my lesson. Don't put passwords in random sites :shock:[-X

how'd you get it back?

FuturePilot
May 31st, 2008, 08:50 PM
I had to contact Microsoft about it and after filling out a few forms they sent me a reset password link.

scouser73
May 31st, 2008, 09:31 PM
There is something similar in Emesene where you can place your cursor over a contact and it states whether the contact "has you" or not.

A while ago in MSN messenger this feature was made invalid as Microsoft said it violated peoples rights.

If people are showing as offline can you actually distinguish between offline and blocked; more to the point would it actually matter if you were blocked?

There's a lesson to be learned from this; have some common sense and don't give your email address and password to sites such as these in the hope you can see if a contact has blocked you.

It's YOUR personal information, treat it as you would your bank details.

regomodo
June 4th, 2008, 09:22 PM
I had to contact Microsoft about it and after filling out a few forms they sent me a reset password link.

I sent a message too but it probably wasn't the correct place. Well, i haven't heard from them yet.
What was the link you used?

FuturePilot
June 4th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Ah, here it is. First one on the list
https://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/alertus.aspx