PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation issues I am 33% good

xian1
May 29th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Ok, I 8.04 CD and am trying to install on 3 seperate computers.

Computer 1 - Clone built from scratch. Installed fine no problem

Computer 2 - Compaq EVO put the boot CD in and install - goes thru the motions and after a while comes up to the background screen and never changes, never get a toolbar or the option to install. After 1 hour I turned the machine off and tried again, still same issue. Need Help on this one.

Computer 3 - Clone - Click on install goes thru the motion, UBUNTU progress bar comes up and looks like it does its thing and then it goes to a black screen with the text changing as it loads. dont know what it means, but again after 20 -30 minutes it doesnt go anywhere. tried doing this computer in Safe Graphics mode but no luck.

All computers have the hard drive space and 256 megs of Ram or more. any help would be appreciated.

Partyboi2
May 31st, 2008, 02:44 PM
Computer 3 - Clone - Click on install goes thru the motion, UBUNTU progress bar comes up and looks like it does its thing and then it goes to a black screen with the text changing as it loads. dont know what it means, but again after 20 -30 minutes it doesnt go anywhere. tried doing this computer in Safe Graphics mode but no luck. What is the last line of text where it stops?