PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take?

lgbpop
October 24th, 2005, 03:38 AM
I've tried the live CD and it wouldn't run on my computer, so I requested the full-install CDs here in early September. The request was OK'ed. I haven't gotten the CD yet. How long does it take for the CDs to be sent?:confused:

pinoyskull
October 24th, 2005, 03:40 AM
2-3 months i think, based on my experience, BTW i live in the Philippines :)

aysiu
October 24th, 2005, 03:51 AM
It took about two months for me (United States)

erikpiper
October 24th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Do you have any friends with a cd burner? Bittorent doesn't take too long- about an hour for me

MakubeX
October 24th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Do you have any friends with a cd burner? Bittorent doesn't take too long- about an hour for me

I'm from the Philippines too, it usually takes a month or two.. but there was a time when the notification was given to me (I had it addressed to my college) after the time of expiration. *sigh*

In my experience, I always use Prozilla in downloading ISOs, it is somewhat faster than bittorrent.

Vlammetje
October 24th, 2005, 09:26 AM
I've tried the live CD and it wouldn't run on my computer, so I requested the full-install CDs here in early September. The request was OK'ed. I haven't gotten the CD yet. How long does it take for the CDs to be sent?:confused:

Why wouldn't it run on your computer? Did you get some sort of error message? Does your computer boot from CD? Is the CD burnt properly?

lgbpop
October 24th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Why wouldn't it run on your computer? Did you get some sort of error message? Does your computer boot from CD? Is the CD burnt properly?Apparently a bad burn or a bad ISO; a co-worker gave it to me. After reading a few things about Ubuntu I decided to order and install it on a crash-test computer and learn its capabilities. Since then I've built my own machine and can burn my own if I want, but "OEM" disc would be nice if they'd come sometime soon. What's a good site to burn an ISO from, if I change my mind?

Vlammetje
October 24th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I've got my copy from here (http://www.ubuntu.com/download/) (the official download) I don't even know of any others ;)

The iso is fine.... when you look at the disk in explorer (assuming you use windows now that is :p ) do you see one 'iso' file or do you see the contents of the iso

Sorry if this soundsstupid... I'm just amazed your disk won' work?